How to use glycerin for your skin
Glycerin is a little like rosewater or Vitamin C in that it’s one of those ingredients that performs an astounding multitude of tasks—it just depends what you want it to do for your particular skin.
As we said above, however, the main thing to remember when using glycerin is that unless you’re using it in a product like moisturizer in which it is already mixed, make sure you dilute it with something else like Rosewater or vitamin E. When we say glycerin pulls moisture from your skin, we really mean it, and if you use it on its own, you risk pulling too much moisture out and irritating your skin.
- Glycerin moisturizes – Not only does glycerin moisturize the skin, it pulls moisture up from the lower levels of the skin (the dermis) to the upper levels (the epidermis), essentially allowing the skin to help moisturize itself.
- Glycerin creates a calming sensation – Plant-based glycerin is extraordinarily gentle on sensitive skin in particular and can help alleviate temporary skin discomfort.
- Glycerin tightens and firms – Use glycerin for a few weeks or even a few days and we think you’ll find that it plumps and softens your look significantly, especially if you have more mature skin!
- Glycerin protects – By helping to maintain the skin’s protective layer of moisture, glycerin creates a barrier between the skin and elements that might harm it.
- Glycerin smooths the skin – Find that your skin is looking a little rough after a summer in the sun? Glycerin’s hydrating properties help create a smoother looking appearance to the skin.
Other frequently asked questions about glycerin in skin care
What does glycerin do for your skin? Is glycerin good for your skin?
Glycerin literally does everything from moisturize the skin to help uphold the skin’s protective barrier. Not only does glycerin hydrate the skin, but it actually draws moisture from the skin’s inner layers up to the epidermis, making the skin plumper and restoring a youthful look.
Yes, glycerin is excellent for the skin! By hydrating the skin, glycerin helps diminish and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Is glycerin vegan?
Yes! Although there is glycerin that is derived from animal fats, the glycerin we use is entirely plant based! And remember, all Fleur & Bee products are 100% vegan, natural, and cruelty free!
Is glycerin safe for skin?
Yes, glycerin is completely safe for skin! Just remember, though, that it’s best to dilute your glycerin with some other product like rosewater or vitamin E to prevent irritation.
Is glycerin non-comedogenic?
Yes, glycerin is entirely non-comedogenic which means it won’t clog pores, making it great for oily skin!
Can I use glycerin on my face?
Yes! Not only can you use glycerin on your face, but you should as it is very, very good for it! As we mentioned above, glycerin not only moisturizes your skin, it helps draw moisture from its deeper layers, plumping up the epidermis to give skin that youthful look!
Can I use glycerin on my lips?
Absolutely! Not only can you use glycerin on your lips as a moisturizer, you can use it as a gloss! Chapped lips? Try a little glycerin! Glycerin really smooths the skin and helps diminish those fine lines and wrinkles to which lips are especially susceptible.
And, if you have a lipstick that’s a little janky, add a little glycerin and see if it doesn’t solve the problem!